My Main page

IAN CHRISTIE

Tuesday 11 November 2008

Playing with my nuts.


(tree of life)



Ok . It's been a while. But ,hey, there was summer and the sun and than other stuff. Couldnt really site down and right stuff and update the blog .
But... I wasn't idle and here is what I've been up too.

Working with Coconut shells.
These are some jewelry made from coconut shell in combination with other materials. The colored sections are crushed stones (turquoise, Jasper...depending on the colour I need.) I'm also trying to use metals( see the tree of Life). The idea came from seeing the work of a good friend of mine, Peppi. ( also check the BahrijaOasis project. Later on this)

.









Latest Painting

These are the latest paintings I have made.



This is my interpretation of "mother and Child". I know its not the happiest of images but it's a reality we want to forget but have to face.



A portrait of a very special person to me:)

No comments: